God's Two Commandments

| March 9, 2009

Interviewer: So You like change.
God: Being static and predictable is boring, don’t you think?
Interviewer: Well, a bit of predictability is nice. Like the sun coming up in the morning and things like that.
God: You can be sure of that at least. But I don’t like things being the same day after day. I prefer to inject variety. I like every sunset to be different from the one the day before. I like every person to be different from the next. The earth is filled with variety and change.
Interviewer: You also talked about being traditional in some respects?
God: A lot has been made of values lately, and, yes, I believe in maintaining values that are good. However, I think people tend to look through rose-colored glasses at the good ol’ days. Some things weren’t so good then, either.
Interviewer: So what are we to base our standards on?
God: On Me and My Spirit, which is love. Base your actions on whether they are loving or not, and with that rule of thumb you can’t go far wrong.
Interviewer: We shouldn’t base our standard on things like the Ten Commandments?
God: Would two be easier than ten?
Interviewer: Two?
God: Yes, to love Me and to love others. If you follow those two, then you won’t go wrong.
Interviewer: Those are pretty broad.
God: True, but if you stick within their parameters, you will be doing well.
Interviewer: This is something I would like to explore a bit later, if I may. But getting back to Your nature and views, would You put Yourself in the liberal camp at all?
God: I wouldn’t put Myself in any camp. You can’t put Me in a box and neatly package Me up and say, “Here is God!” I am not in a fishbowl here, with man peering in. But let Me say that I like freedom and I like for humanity to not be bound up in restrictive traditions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment