Secrets and Fun

| June 16, 2009

Interviewer: Here we are again. And for openers may I ask what might sound like an unusual question?
God: All depends on what it is. But since I already know what you are going to ask, yes, it is okay.
Interviewer: So there is no keeping secrets from You?
God: No, I’m afraid not. Actually I am not afraid. It’s just a figure of speech, you understand.
Interviewer: Of course.
God: So do you want to ask your question?
Interviewer: But You already know it.
God: I do, but don’t you want to ask it anyway?
Interviewer: But if You know it, why should I ask it?
God: Because that is your part.
Interviewer: Do You really need my part?
God: Of course I do. If I didn’t need you and your part, you wouldn’t have been created in the first place.
Interviewer: You made us because You need us?
God: Doesn’t that stand to reason?
Interviewer: But You are God; why would You need anyone or anything?
God: Because I am love, and love needs people to love.
Interviewer: So You created us to love us?
God: Yes. Is that so strange?
Interviewer: I am trying to grasp the idea.
God: It is mirrored in people wanting babies. Do they want them because they want to change their diapers, stay up late with them when they won’t sleep, nurse them when they are sick, and do everything for them when they are young? Then as they grow older, work to provide them with a secure and happy life with the things they need? I think not. They want them because they want to have them be part of their lives. So, similar to how most parents want to have their kids, I wanted to have human companionship.
Interviewer: You made us to be Your companions?
God: Yes.
Interviewer: I sort of thought that You needed us to worship You.
God: Don’t you worship the ones you love?
Interviewer: Yes, I suppose so, but that is somewhat different from worshiping God. I mean, they even call church services worship services. It’s a way of showing respect to You.
God: Bless those souls who go to those things, but I do crave something a bit more on the intimate side. Well, to be honest, a lot more on the intimate side.
Interviewer: So You’d rather we here be more like friends with You?
God: Yes, even lovers.
Interviewer: Whoa, that is getting intimate.
God: Don’t lovers love?
Interviewer: Yes, but lovers love … well, you know … a little more than just friendship.
God: Is this going down sideways?
Interviewer: No! It is just … well, we could say interesting.
God: I’m glad you are interested. You see, I desire to love you and be loved by you in the deepest form imaginable. For some this is to think of Me as a lover, and speak to Me in passionate terms.
But most people are more comfortable loving Me as a kingly, divine Father, and I appreciate that too, very much. I crave to be close to people in whatever way possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment