Is God disapointed with humanity?

| June 12, 2009

Interviewer: You said You made us to be Your companions. But it doesn’t seem that many people are really being that companionable with You.
God: That is unfortunately true.
Interviewer: Does that disappoint You?
God: It does, but there is hope.
Interviewer: Hope?
God: Yes, because most eventually will get the point, if not in this world, then in the world to come.
Interviewer: I think some of us have the concept in our mind that we would take our place in Heaven as sort of part of the workforce where You are the boss, or perhaps better said, the king. But You are hinting that things might be a bit less hierarchical.
God: I will be the king, but yes, it is not going to be Me just coming out on the balcony of My palace and waving to the crowds once a year or something. No, I will be down amongst the people often. I enjoy your company. You never did ask your question.
Interviewer: I was going to ask what You did for fun, providing of course You are into fun.
God: Why wouldn’t I be into fun? If you are created in My image, then a lot of your desires mirror Mine. If you desire fun, it is a pretty safe bet that I desire fun also.
Interviewer: So what do You do for fun?
God: Oh, I had a six-day party awhile back and made the universe. That was pretty fun.
Interviewer: Anything a little less spectacular?
God: I am a creator, so I love to create. I love to make things.
Interviewer: Like what-besides the universe, that is?
God: How about Heaven? We took a little more time with that.
Interviewer: We?
God: Yes, I and all the others who are helping.
Interviewer: What about a hobby?
God: I love people-watching.
Interviewer: Sports?
God: No one wants to play Me because I always win, and even if I did lose, they would know I did it on purpose. For that reason I generally stay away from sports, though I go watch others play.
Interviewer: So they play sports in Heaven?
God: Definitely, though the killer instinct is absent, so every game is a friendly one.
Interviewer: But isn’t competition the basis of sport?
God: Most of the time on earth, yes. But up here values are different, so they don’t try to beat the other guy too much. There is an element of competition sometimes, but just to enjoy doing something vigorous with a friend.
Interviewer: Wouldn’t everyone there be pretty much equal in abilities anyway?
God: No. Some are better at some things than others. Everyone has lots of ability, but not necessarily equal ability in everything. Variety is the spice of life, even in the afterlife.

0 comments:

Post a Comment