Are thoughts private?

| June 8, 2009

Interviewer: Interesting! You said something before about church services, and it didn’t sound like You were that thrilled with them.
God: They are often pretty dull and boring. Would you be that thrilled with them?
Interviewer: No. I stopped going.
God: I know.
Interviewer: Yes, I suppose You do. This gets to me a bit, that You know everything. Is there any privacy in the spirit world? Seems it is sometimes nice to have a few things about oneself that aren’t known.
God: Like what? Your PIN?
Interviewer: I suppose I won’t be needing that, will I?
God: I haven’t thought of a use for that here.
Interviewer: I think I would like to have my thoughts be private.
God: Why? Do you want to think bad thoughts?
Interviewer: No!
God: Honestly?
Interviewer: Well … all right, I can get to brooding over something and then I suppose my thoughts are not “good.” But it is more than that. I think it would be nice to have the freedom to bounce things around inside for a while before anyone knows what I am thinking.
God: So you have a little trouble being transparent?
Interviewer: It just sounds a little Orwellian to have my mind and thoughts monitored.
God: Please let me assure you it is not like Big Brother. It is that we are honest and open here, so we don’t feel a need to hide our thoughts and intentions.
Interviewer: You say “we.” Are You included in all this openness?
God: I am very open, but My mind is beyond yours even in your heavenly state. So no, you won’t be able to read My thoughts. But that does not prevent My being open and forthright with you.
Interviewer: It will take a little getting used to.
God: But it is that way now.
Interviewer: I suppose so, but somehow it is just not so obvious. Well, on to another subject. Do You have favorites?
God: In what way?
Interviewer: Ones that are like Your pets who You are more indulgent with, that You care for more and watch out for more carefully.
God: I love everybody with equal fervor. But those who love Me back do benefit more than those who don’t. These are those who try to follow Me closely and spread My love and message to others.
Interviewer: Is this fair? Shouldn’t You just treat everybody the same?
God: Isn’t it fair to reward good rather than not to? If there is someone who is good to you, don’t you hold him or her in higher esteem than others? It is the same with Me. I reward those who try their best to love Me and others.
Interviewer: From my perspective, I can’t help but think there are some people who do not deserve Your favor but who seem to get it big time. Aren’t there a lot of well-off people who have lots of comfort and care who are far from deserving of it?
God: You are equating luxury and plenty with My blessings. This is not necessarily the case. In fact, it is rarely the case. I do care for those who love Me and I can bless them materially, but an abundance of material goods is, on its own, no indication of My blessings. The majority of the blessings I bestow are those of the spirit. Peace of mind and heart are much more valuable than material things. And it is far better to save up your rewards in the world to come than to get them there on earth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment