Taxes and more

| August 15, 2009

Interviewer: What about taxes? Should I pay taxes to the government?
God: If you owe taxes, yes.
Interviewer: Even if it is one of these unrighteous governments that You were talking about?
God: If you want to avoid unnecessary trouble, pay your taxes.
Interviewer: Should a Christian be involved in law enforcement?
God: Those involved in police work, maintaining peace and order, are indirectly My instruments. I am grateful for their work, and because of their work those who believe in Me, along with the rest of the general populace, can live in safety. The Devil and his ilk love to try to commit all sorts of evil, and the police are My agents to prevent that from happening. However, I am speaking in general terms, and not every action by a policeman can be regarded as fulfilling My will. Some are malicious and corrupt.
Interviewer: So it comes down to individuals and their actions.
God: Precisely.
Interviewer: What about secular work in general?
God: What about it?
Interviewer: Should a Christian hold a secular job or should he rather be involved in some sort of religious vocation?
God: The primary job of all Christians is to share My love with others.
Interviewer: But not all can be preachers or missionaries, if that is what You are saying. Some just might not feel that they can do it, or they may have obligations that prevent them. I could do some sort of work for You and still hold down a secular job, right?
God: Yes, you can. What I mean by saying a Christian’s primary job is to share My love with others is that this should be more important to him than his secular job. I know that many cannot work for Me full time for a myriad of reasons, but there are those who can and there is a very big need for them to do so. For those who can’t, I encourage them to do what they can. Some cannot do much, but they do all they can. This is laudable, and I will reward each one according to how he spends his life, how he uses the talents I have given him.
Interviewer: So if someone gives more of his or her life to You, as You say, he or she will get a greater reward?
God: It is not necessarily how much one gives but rather how much one gives in proportion to what he or she is able. That is why you need to honestly assess your priorities in life. If your secular job is number one, then you have to be honest and say that is what you are serving and not Me.
Interviewer: The old choice between God and mammon.
God: Exactly. You can’t serve two masters, and it is difficult at times to reconcile your priorities. However, being an example of love is the most important thing, no matter what kind of job you have. There have been and still are a lot of people who can preach a good sermon, but words by themselves are hollow. And by an example I certainly don’t mean being a goody two-shoes. I mean someone who is enjoyable to be around, someone who is kind and thoughtful, someone who will go the extra mile for others, someone who is there for others when they need him or her.