One has to have money to survive, right?

| August 10, 2009

Interviewer: Back to the issue of God and mammon. One has to have money to survive, right? If I don’t work, then I get no money.
God: If you work for Me, I will make sure you are okay.
Interviewer: So You are going to write out a check?
God: It could come to that, but working for Me has the best job security of any job on earth.
Interviewer: How so?
God: Guaranteed lifetime employment and a super retirement plan.
Interviewer: Retirement plan? Oh, I get it.
God: (Chuckles.)
Interviewer: But that still won’t put food on the table now.
God: How can you say that? I do put food on the table for all those who give their lives to My service.
Interviewer: That takes faith.
God: Is that so hard to have?
Interviewer: For many of us, yes.
God: You have faith in stoplights, don’t you?
Interviewer: Stoplights?
God: Yes, those little red, green, and yellow lights.
Interviewer: What has that got to do with it?
God: If you can believe that a little red light is going to stop that tractor-trailer coming along the crossroad from barreling into the side of your vehicle when you drive out into the intersection, why is it so hard to have faith in God?
Interviewer: But I can see the stoplight. It is visible to me. You, unfortunately, are not.
God: Granted, you can’t see Me. But are you saying you have more faith in a light bulb than you have in Me?
Interviewer: Sounds pathetic, doesn’t it?
God: You said it.
Interviewer: So if I work for You, You will supply what I need?
God: That’s the truth of it.
Interviewer: Well, that’s food for thought!
God: Hope so! And I assure you it will also put food on the table.
Interviewer: Thank You very much for coming. It is always a pleasure to hear Your views on these issues.
God: Thank you for giving me the opportunity.
Interviewer: Until next time.
God: Good-bye.