The Quality of Life

| July 6, 2009

Interviewer: It is an incredible privilege to be able to discuss issues with You.
God: I am delighted to have the opportunity.
Interviewer: This time I wondered if we could perhaps bring things down to earth a little more and talk about quality-of-life issues that the average person faces.
God: Sounds interesting.
Interviewer: I am happy You think so, as I was concerned that You wouldn’t want to get down to what You might regard as more prosaic things, but rather would like to concentrate on more high-minded issues.
God: No, not at all. I am interested in people and involved with the most minute details of their lives.
Interviewer: Really? The small things in our lives would seem so insignificant and inconsequential in the overall that I had the impression You would find involvement in those very tedious.
God: Goodness, no! Each person is special to Me. As I explained in the last session, I went to great lengths to ensure the well-being of each of you.
Interviewer: May I begin?
God: Please do.
Interviewer: What about the age-old question, “How can I be happy?” I think everyone wants to be happy, but often we are not. Shouldn’t happiness be the norm more often than the exception?
God: For some it is the norm, but-you are right-for most it isn’t. Basically it is because people have not found the missing ingredient, which is the purpose for life. That purpose is actually twofold: to love Me and to love their fellow man. If they don’t fulfill both of these, then the purpose of life is not discovered, fulfillment is not obtained, and the resulting emptiness and dissatisfaction leads to not being happy.
Interviewer: I think some will claim to be happy while neither loving You nor others.
God: The definition or expectations of happiness vary. Some might be content and even at times enjoy a good deal of transitory happiness, but I am talking about enduring happiness of mind and soul, which only comes from what I explained. I created man to want and need to love Me and love others to be truly fulfilled. It is part of the basic design. Although other things can satisfy in part, they cannot completely satisfy. Even to love one and not the other is not enough. Man is created to be truly happy only when he is fulfilling both these purposes.
Interviewer: In other words, being solely involved in the religious realm to the neglect of helping others is not enough either?
God: If I may, please let Me clarify one point. You have made the correlation between love of Me and being religious. Although there are many in religious life who love Me, this does not make loving Me a religious undertaking. There are many who love Me who never darken the doorway of a place of religion.
Interviewer: Are You distancing Yourself from organized religion?
God: I love everyone. I do not appreciate that some feel they have a corner on the market-Me being the product. I am not confined to buildings, ceremonies, or rituals. In fact, the truth be known, I do not inhabit those buildings, and the ceremonies do not express My essence. I am the Spirit of Love that pervades everything.
Interviewer: So You are in the flower, the tree, the sky, etc.
God: In a way, yes, but I can see where you are leading here, as that gets into the ludicrous notion that everything is God. “He’s God, you’re God, the dog in the yard is God, as well as the tree it pees against.” No, that is not the case. I’m God. (God laughs.) I created all those things, so there is in them a touch of the divine, but they are not divine in themselves.
Interviewer: The tree was an interesting addition. I hadn’t taken that line of thought that far before. But getting back to the previous question, You are not exclusive to a particular group?
God: No, certainly not. Suffice it to say that those who love Me and love their fellow man and let that love move them into compassionate action are fulfilling their purpose on earth.
Interviewer: So we have to do something?
God: Yes. Love is not actually love unless it moves you to do something beneficial for others.
Interviewer: And love gives rise to happiness?
God: Yes.
Interviewer: What about something like a good joke? It can get one smiling and laughing and the result is that you feel happy. Is this happiness coming through love?
God: That is an example of transitory happiness. When the joke is forgotten, the happiness is gone. Now I like a good joke, so there is nothing wrong with jokes. I like it when people laugh and enjoy themselves. But what I was referring to before is a state of happiness in the heart of man. A true and never-ending state of mind and heart. Something that is permanent.
Interviewer: Here’s the difficulty I am having with this concept: Isn’t it true that even some of those who have gone down in the annals of history as truly loving You and others have at times gone through huge periods of struggle, even doubt and depression? It would seem that they didn’t have that happiness that You talk about. Sometimes good people seem to have even more troubles than those who don’t believe.
God: Sometimes those who love Me can go through difficult times, but that does not mean they are no longer happy, that they no longer have that certain peaceful joy inside that only I can give them. In other cases, they can be temporarily robbed of its benefits.-That is true.
Interviewer: Robbed of it? But You were saying it was permanent.
God: It is permanent. Notice I said “benefits.” The deep joy I give will always be there. A peace, an assurance that I will take care of him is part of the blessing I give everyone who believes in Me. But sometimes this confidence can be shaken and the ability to access the happiness I give is impaired. It is being interfered with, or hindered.
Let Me explain: As we covered in an earlier interview, there is an opposition. The Devil’s plan is to try to get people to disregard My blessings and get their eyes on their problems. They can forget that I am able and willing to bring solutions. When they get in that state, their power to rise above their problems is sorely diminished. They lose the magic power of faith.
Interviewer: So we are back to the cosmic battle.
God: Well, if you want to use the term “cosmic,” that is all right, but it is more precisely a battle fought largely in the spiritual realm. The Devil is using doubt to hinder and harass. Doubts are terrible things that can completely engulf people and leave them powerless. But doubts can be overcome.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
July 13, 2009 at 2:16 PM

This is pretty goofy

Post a Comment